Wednesday 20 January 2010

Disney over-excitement

So major highlight since my last blog is DISNEY!!!!

Went there yesterday on the MTR - they have a special Disney line with Disney trains with Mickey shaped windows and thingies that you hang on to... Very cool. And when you pull into the station the voice over says "have a magical day". Love it. I arrived and was ridiculously over-excited and grinning to myself. Most other people looked sort of miserable which made me a bit cross - hello, it's Disneyland! Silliness. It's ridiculously tiny and only has 1 proper rollercoaster (Space Mountain - not as good as the one in Paris OR Florida for you Disney geeks out there... ie my father) so that was a bit of a let-down. But never mind, I went to all the shows and they were great. Lion King show was especially cool (and Chrissy, unlike in London they actively ENCOURAGE you to sing along - yay!) and there was a 4d show which was also good (although they obviously only had 1 kind of smell squirter so you had the same smell for food / flowers / sea which was a bit odd). Discovered my eyes DO work with 3d glasses, so that's a relief (cos my eyes are a bit silly for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about - speaking of which I keep forgetting to do my eye exercises, bad Jules). I ate some Disney-themed Chinese food (am massively on pastry overload - planning to eat salad for lunch. By choice! Crazy...) and went home relatively early. But a good day and I'm glad I went, and am looking forward to CA disney with Clakes even more now! And am possibly back wanting my Disney wedding again too... Hmm...

Blimey that was a long paragraph.

Anyways, other than that I've mainly been doing a bit of sight-seeing. Went up to the peak and to some more city parks as you probably gathered from my last post. Started a new book, hand-washed some clothes (feel like a proper traveler doing that!), read a bit about NZ. Heading to another garden/park place today to enjoy the last of the hot weather as it seems not that nice in NZ. Bit cloudy at the moment but hoping that's about to burn off any minute (although probably for the best - I'm a bit sunburnt! In January! Crazy!) so I can sit around in the sun reading my book. Lovely lovely.

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know that my McDonalds was every bit as delicious as I hoped.

1 comment:

  1. You should write up a report comparing all the various Disney theme parks! California Disneyland is not as impressive at Disneyworld, but still it shall be fantastic! I cannot believe that people were not looking super happy over there-what is wrong with them! You should also meet my friend Stu who knows everything about Disneyworld and is way more obsessed than you! Glad to hear you are enjoying and can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete