Wednesday 17 March 2010

Kareoke, buses and beaches

Well, it's been a while! And I can't be long as am very randomly and last minutely meeting up with one of my girls from camp who's in Sydney. But being young and youthful as she is, she doesn't even go out til 10! Which is probably good, as means I'll be sufficiently exhausted to sleep tomorrow on the bus to Brisbane.

So... CSSSSWDCA'10 was of course a lot of fun. It rained and was cold so we spent most of the time sitting in the tent, drinking wine (WD) and playing card games. And chatting and catching up, of course. Happy happy days.

Then got back to Claire's and saw some more of Chip (more sitting around watching TV obv) and then me, him, Claire and some of Claire & Chip's awesome friends went out to fun fun Barry's for cheesey dancing and kareoke. Before which there were more silly drinking games at Snowy's. Including more jenga, equally stressful second time around. As predicted, much much fun was had by all. Claire and I sung Britney and girls aloud. Claire's friend Em is planning a trip to England in 2011 and already we have Christened it GA'11 in honour of girls aloud.

After a ridiculously emotional goodbye to Chip at the club we went back to Snowy's, slept, watched lots of Gavin and Stacey and then Chip came to pick me up to take me to the coach, thus making last night's emotional goodbye somewhat silly. So there was another emotional goodbye with Claire, a less emotional (due to the lesser amount of alcohol) than the previous night with Chip, and off I was on my merry 18 hour bus journey to Sydney. I was disappointed with the lack of stops for red rooster, and going to the toilet on the bus was somewhat traumatic what with the shaking and such, but I managed to sleep a fair bit and got to Sydney in one piece.

Checked in in the hostel and dumped my stuff, then headed out for a wander. Saw the opera house, used the toilet as recommended by my posh-toilet buddy Heffster, saw some other stuff. Went back to the hostel early due to tiredness, chatted to some hostel-folks and had a sleep. Next day I headed to Bondi which was full of attractive people (and lots of naked breasts!) and lazed and then did a walk which was APPARENTLY only 5km but I reckon was more like 10. But it was very picturesque anyway. Then I went to the cinema to see The blind side (sandra Bullock) - was excellent. Then naughtily saw Remember Me (Edward from Twilight) without paying - I figure acceptable since cinemas are ridiculously expensive. Also very good. Then bed. Then today I got the ferry to Manly, more beach action (my tan is getting silly - I keep catching glimpses of myself in shop windows etc and thinking what a great tan that tall lady has and then realising it's me!) and happy times. I have discovered paddle pops - delicious and low fat icecream mmm. Trying to diet after seeing v unflattering photos of my arm / lack of neck from kareoke. Ha. We'll see how long that lasts...

Then as I said, out tonight with Bogey. Will be random but nice to catch up. Not planning a late one but we shall see. Have also just booked my buses and hostels for the rest of my time in Aus which was exhausting but am glad it's now done.

Okay, off to make myself look slightly more presentable and then head on out. Hope everyone is well, I have to say people are lacking on the emailing / facebooking / texting front (noteable exceptions to Trots, Claire and Fruity) so buck up people. Miss you all lots, lots of love xxx

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE! Am lame and lazy and it's already nearly 10 o'clock and I'm still online so am not going out after all. Yes I am officially a boring old loser.

    ReplyDelete