Sunday 28 March 2010

Laziest yet

Power was back on as soon as I got back. Yay! Since everyone had been stuck in for 3 days 3 girls who'd been staying at the hostel a while and the manager were all going out. Me and the girl I was sharing a room with ending up coming too and it was a pretty crazy night. Hostel manager bought lots of drinks (I spent no money, yay me) and we had some fun dancing etc. Wendy (room-mate) and I ended up chatting to these firemen and long story short ended up back at the firestation (very innocently, don't worry family members!) with them, sitting in the fire-engine, playing with the sirens etc. Super fun times.

Then the next day I was ridiculously lazy, read a whole book, watched the sunset on the beach etc. Lovely. Then next day was the boat trip which was AMAZING. The speed boat was so fun, we were bouncing over massive waves cos it was still really choppy post-cyclone. I ended up hanging out with the sister of the boat's skipper so got to know all the insider info. We did 2 snorkels which were beautiful (and I got my money's worth out of my waterproof camera - took about 100 pics!) and the island / beach we ate lunch on was stunning too. Great lunch also mmmm, and free so no calories obviously.

Then next day I got a bus to Townsville, where I am now. The hostel I'm in is LOVELY, more like a guest house with hardly any people, really chilled and quiet, tv and fridge in room etc. Was on my own the first night, then 2 nice English girls second night, then tonight til I leave there's a lovely German girl. Lonely planet reckoned Townsville was amazing, it's actually a bit hick-ville-esque but I'm enjoying the chilling anyway so staying for 6 days. Having a good relax before Alex begins his regimented schedule for US when I get there in about 10 days. Went to the beach today, going to hit up the botanic gardens and do some walks and stuff, already got through a book and a half. Bliss.

Probably won't blog for a while cos I'm not doing anything! Heading up the coast a bit more in a few days to a rainforesty beachy place, then Cairns, then US! Can't wait to see Alex and Clakes (and pick up my new uggs that were delivered to Caitlin's!!) Miss you all lots xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment