Friday 5 March 2010

Telly tubbies, parrots and chicken poo

Well I know it has been a naughtily long time since I last blogged. I am currently at Claire's house near Melbourne (in the very pretty Dangedongs - or something silly like that - mountains / forest). Keep intending to go for a walk to see the wallabies (like small kangaroos) but you have to go at dawn / dusk and I'm too lazy to get up that early and dusk interferes with dinner. Got to get your priorities straight (food / sleep over animals obviously).

So what have I been up to? On Saturday Claire, Zan and I went to her friend's kid's party-themed birthday do, I went as a telly tubby in the end and Zan and Claire went as Bill and Ben. I will put photos up properly soon, or if you're on facebook you've probably already admired my profile pic of Claire and me. Other than that I've been pretty lazy. I went in to Melbourne one day and saw some more sights, also got the tram to St Kilda's to sample the cake shops since both Chris AND the lonely planet recommended them very highly (obviously Chris's recommendation was more important). Cake was indeed good - I had a mousse / chocolate thing. Zan and I also went to the tea room 2 minutes from Claire's where I had another good cake (raspberry cheesecake although the crust was too thick, school boy error I reckon). So lots of tea and cake as usual. The beach in St Kilda was also nice, and I got a lot of sand in Claire and Zan's bed while we were watching Dawson's Creek in it after (less annoying that getting it all in your car Lan?! Maybe not...) Yesterday I didn't get dressed until about 5 because I just watched Dawson's creek, although have also been doing useful / random chores like getting the chickens out and mopping up chicken poo. Ah, country life.

Today I'm going out with Chip (person I met second year at camp who randomly knows Claire too), or probably more likely sit around his house eating junk and watching telly like he did when he came to London. Possibly with his personal trainer friend with the amazing arms, or possibly not. Then Claire and I are going to her favourite shop in the world on Sunday. We're now not going to Sydney because she's a bit broke, we're getting the bus to camp at some nice beachy place nearby so that'll be fun. I'm still off to Sydney but a bit later, hopefully will meet up with some of Chris's lovely friends and also my nanny friend from Belgium Helen who is there at the moment too. I've also changed my flight so I'm going to US from Cairns instead of Melbourne, it seemed silly to have to faff about coming back down, and it only cost me $40 in the end so that was quite a bargain.

What else? Oh Zan and I made fondue which was very successful, only cheese and chocolate in the end cos the oil one we were going to do wouldn't work in the ceramic fondue pot. Got the fondue set for $2 - what a steal! Claire's mum is a great cook so I've also been enjoying lots of tasty baked goods and hearty meals, which is good since I'll be back on crappy easy food when I'm traveling again later. They have a dog that apparently hated Hull when he stayed but loves me, which obviously amuses me, and there are parrots meandering around the garden - very cool. Think that's about it. I'd love to say I've not blogged cos I've been too busy but really I've just done nowt to talk about! Having a lovely time though!

Right, best be off. Zan is trying to persuade me to build a bridge over the creek with him, but I reckon we should just watch some more Dawson's Creek. Keep in touch, still missing everyone lots xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment