Tuesday 9 March 2010

Okay, so as I left you I was off to see Chip. As predicted there was some telly and some junk, also some delicious drinks that taste like sweets (or lollies as the locals call them). We went and looked round the touristy town near him and then had a chicken parma for dinner. These are Chip's favourite food and I have to say very spectacular. And exceedingly filling. The next day went we to the (huge) mall (where I didn't buy ANYTHING! Go me!) to buy a shirt for the wedding he was off to that day, where we bumped into seemingly everyone he knew, who was also last-minute wedding shopping.

Then we went for lunch in the BEST fast food restaurant ever. Called Red Rooster and it's like KFC but with delicious roast chicken not skanky fried stuff. Amazing. Then Chip dropped me off at Claire's friend Snowy's where I was planning an afternoon of more telly (are you detecting a theme here?!) but then Snowy's housemate John informed me we were actually playing drinking games (including drinking uno jenga - stressful!) so the telly fell by the waste-side and instead a night of ridiculousness ensued (but very restrained ridiculousness, don't worry mummy). We bbqed (very messily) a lot of sausages and had happy silly times. Oh just remembered I forgot to mention the AMAZING hail storm (see the link Chris found: http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_8550000/newsid_8553600/8553644.stm ) which was crazy and apparently made Chip / Claire's friend late for the wedding cos the windscreen of the wedding car got smashed! It was the weirdest weather I've ever seen.

Then the next day Snowy and his other housemate Em and Claire and I went off to Claire's favourite shop in the world, AGAIN I restrained myself (getting worried about not being able to fit my UGGs in my backpack) and then we went to red rooster again. Equally spectacular the second time. We then went to see Wolfman which, although not my usual cup of tea, I rather enjoyed. Had some disappointing strawberry sour belts (not as good as our faves Trots), should've gone for the chcoolate covered raisins. Silly Jules.

So that brings us to Monday, which was mainly spent sitting around watching TV (yet again) and I taught Claire the card game Slam (remember the happy hours spent playing that in the dining room when we should've been working in the library, CHS folks?!) which got rather intense also (who needs a job when you have all these games to provide daily stress?!) and Claire's mum made amazing lasagne so I was very happy.

Today Claire and I are off on the train / bus to the beach at Lorne for CSSSSWDCA'10 (see if you can work that one out, bet you a million pounds no one can). We're camping, which could be disastrous since it's been raining ridiculously heavily every night, but fingers crossed all the rain is now over and we're headed for 4 days of beautiful weather. Hmm... Back Friday or Saturday, then I'm going to Claire's favourite bar / club every (Barry's - featuring 'barreoke'- nice) and then Sunday night I am getting on the FIFTEEN hour bus to Sydney. Probably won't blog again til I'm there, so have a happy week all and I will speak to you from sunny (hopefully!) Sydney! xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment